HBCU Students Encouraged to Apply!
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers offer full time internships to highly motivated recent graduates wishing to build upon their college education with practical professional experience in the fast-paced, results-driven world of the National Football League.
Although interns will be placed within specific departments, they are able to explore all aspects of the business of professional football through various outreach programs, networking events, and both group and individualized learning sessions. Interns will learn from mentors and establish relationships with industry leaders that will benefit their lives both personally and professionally through our Internship Learning Series.
Sessions are offered in Spring (2nd Monday in February through end of June) and Fall (2nd Monday in July through end of season, Interns are paid minimum wage and work 40 hours per week during the internship period.
The position is based upon supervised work experience in departments throughout the organization, including:
Community Relations Marketing
Corporate Partnerships Player Engagement (Spring only)
Digital/Website Media Purchasing
Events & Entertainment Team Operations
Graphic Design Video Production
Food & Beverage
*Subject to change and availability. Full descriptions to be posted on Teamwork.
- Assist the department in serving as a liaison between local, national and international media and members of the organization. Responsibilities include: compiling daily media clips, recording and transcribing player/coach media availability, assisting in coordinating media interviews for players/coaching staff requests, distributing weekly information including the game release. Game day responsibilities: assisting in press box set up, distributing stats and other information to media members, and transcribing post-game locker room quotes.
- Play a supporting role in the day-to-day operations of the department. Passion for philanthropy and willingness to contribute to a variety of programs required. Responsibilities include managing team donations, organizing charitable events and visits, game day activities, support for Affinity Group engagement and assisting with players’ charitable endeavors
Corporate Partnership Sales & Activation
- Responsibilities include assisting with the design, development and execution of intense marketing presentations for high-end decision-makers from prospective and current partners and learning the process of high-end sponsorship revenue development. Will learn all functions of activating an existing partnership, from on-site programs, community relations sponsorships, branding, and event planning/management.
Events & Entertainment
- Driven individual, passionate about event planning and game day entertainment will receive hands-on training in a live environment. The Intern will be expected to focus on, plan, and participate in all aspects of training camp, events, and game related duties as specified. This role includes concept development, branding, budgeting, staffing, production, talent, operations, venue selection, entertainment, food and beverage planning, timeline creation and implementation, along with actual event execution while adhering to organization initiatives and strategies. The intern will also support in the daily operations of the department and learn all facets involved with producing events and game days.
Food & Beverage (Fall)
- The Food and Beverage Internship will give a culinary arts student the opportunity to work in a real-world environment. They will assist in the preparation and development of all meals served at One Buc Place. The intern will gain experience that will allow you to gain and expand on knowledge in several aspects of the food service industry including: batch cooking, made to order stations, special events and front of house service. Applicants must be a currant student or graduate of a culinary arts program preferably accredited by the American Culinary Federation and be Serve Safe certified
- Assist with the implementation of the annual marketing plans for assigned programs with a focus on increasing attendance and enhancing the overall fan experience. Other responsibilities include conducting marketing research for advance strategy and planning for outreach and activations; assisting with branding initiatives; collecting data on consumers, competitors and market place and consolidate into actionable items, reports and presentations; compiling and analyzing statistical data; providing day-to-day project support; assisting with basic office organization and administrative duties, which include filing, invoice processing, etc.; conducting research to be implemented into future marketing plans and assisting with distribution of collateral materials.
- Assist with daily operations of procurement, office inventory, maintaining and fostering vendor relations, discussing pricing agreements and will act as a liaison between vendors and various members from all departments of the organization to assist in sourcing products & services whilst negotiating contracts/trades and pricing. This provides an excellent opportunity to interact with those departments and understand their inner workings. Other areas of training include the quote and bid process, purchase order procedures, monitoring and maintaining business operations supplies, contract agreements, and the procurement and tracking of merchandise.
- The Sports Nutrition Intern will learn and assist with the implementation of the Buccaneers sports nutrition system. The intern will: aid in overseeing training table setup, ensuring proper placement of food items and labels for meals; aid in menu implementation for training camp meals/snacks, away game hotel meals/snacks, charter flight meals/snacks, game day locker room nutrition station and postgame meals while ensuring all specifications are met for each site through communication with each staff before, during and after banquet events; conduct nutrient analysis of new training table menu items and develop Nutrition Facts Labels for each item; assist with player body composition analyses using bod pod and setting specific calculated goal body compositions and body weights for each player to maximize performance and minimize injury risk; aid in daily monitoring body weights and Urine Specific Gravity, intervene with player hydration and electrolyte administration to minimize risk of dehydration, heat related complications and injury; help administer Medical Nutrition Therapy interventions per the AND’s standards of care and best practices for those who have been diagnosed by our Team Physician with a medical nutritional need or complication, monitor and follow-up with player compliance and outcomes; help conduct one-on-one nutrition sessions, create personalized meal plans and nutrition goals, give team nutrition presentations, lead grocery store tours, conduct training table walk-throughs, create training table food labels, develop nutrition education handouts, and update supplement/banned substance education handouts among other materials; help oversee the ordering of all Gatorade products for the organization; help enforce proper hydration and electrolyte consumption on sidelines during all practices and games; help set players up on a dinner delivery system through a local grocery store; help enforce and provide pre/during/post activity nutrition stations for practice and game days.
- The Team Operations Department works in conjunction with Football and Business Administration to help determine travel needs and implement them both independently and in relation to larger team movements. Responsibilities include assisting with the management of the planning and execution of all team travel, aid in the reconciliation of all billing, compiling team travel guides, assisting with practice/other operations as needed and aiding with graphics requests for any training camp and season needs. Transport personnel as needed. A quick learner with effective time management skills who is organized and detail oriented will thrive in this role.
Digital & Social Media
- Assist with both digital and social media asset workflow and content creation. Content is published daily and has mix of media sources, layouts and purposes. The Digital & Social Media Intern will be trained how to use the NFL CMS and gain practical experience in best practices. Prior experience managing the digital presence of a brand is important for success in this role. Ability to create and post social media content, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat.
- Receive training on how to utilize type and image to execute visually communicated solutions in print/new media consistent with Buccaneers current brand strategies. Other responsibilities include designing print ads, graphics, website ads and content, invitations and other printed and electronic materials. A bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design is preferred. Experience with CS-6, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and knowledge of G5 Mac Pro, digital photography, and the OSX operating Systems are required
- The Video Production Intern will gain valuable, hands-on experience while working closely with Producers within the Digital Media Department. Responsibilities include shooting, editing and uploading press conferences and open locker room media availability, involved in creating news-type pieces and features on players, coaches, cheerleaders and fans for web and in-game, acting as a production assistant for producers and editing logo loops for events and presentations.
- Applicants must have experience operating Panasonic DVC Pro, Canon DSLR and Sony FS7 and a strong knowledge of Adobe Premier Suite including Premier Pro CC, Photoshop CC and After Effects CC
Athletic Training (1 year term, paid $30,000)
Assists in the training room with wrapping and stretching, treatments. Gain valuable, hands-on experience while working closely with Athletic Training Department
HOW TO APPLY